Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The benefits of waking up

Was spirited enough to reach up my ladder this morning, its weathered and creaking bamboo waiting to break under my weight. Went up to look at my sun, went all the way up. Was able to watch how fast the clouds, like time, were moving against this Great sun. Was able to stare at its perfect rim, at how God had colored it to move. Then as if in a rush for time, it shot up, and I climbed back down, abandoning cloudy dreams and dense ideas. I had been thinking about history, like how my father read it to me when I was growing up, and how we talk about it now, from our own spaces of quiet reading and reasoning. All this under the rising and falling of our calm and fierce sun, as it continues to tell time... keyed up - as I must continue to believe - by a watchful God, who juggles universes and other great, unfathomable artistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment