Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Real People

In Trichy i had the opportunity to look back at a lot of my journaling & essay writing frm college, & it is all so desperately socially motivated. And extremely Naive.

But it makes me smile because its 'real' stuff. Its good stuff - in terms of honesty & passion- its contents are the smoke & fire of young manhood... the belief in an ability to be able to do anything, anything. A few years later, today, the fire is a metal bowl of quiet ashes & dust, if you stir at my head, the furious remnants unveil & singe in a dark hissing red... quiet eruptions go off like calculated silencer pops in the back of of my head. I still feel similarly to those days, idealism may not leave me, nor naivety perhaps.

BUT. what I HAVE realized is that when growing up, we thought that things like equality, the truth, social transformation - it would all, somehow happen, somehow come into being, a phenomenon that one day - arrives. In reality, it is individuals who create equality & justice. And this is difficult.

There are people out there, on here, who wake up to that difficulty. Everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment